Witt had his 9 month appointment today and as his dr. phrased it, " he's growing beautifully". She even invited him to swim in her pool this summer. Who's afraid of a baby Ruth, I mean baby Witt in their pool? :)
Witt weighs 23 lbs, 10 oz (90th %tile)
He is 30 1/2 inches long ( 95th %tile). Basically he's grown an inch per month since birth. WOW!
His head size is in the 90th %tile. This makes us feel much better because it was in the 50%/75% at birth, which I've always joked about that being the reason his unmedicated delivery was a relative piece o' cake!
Yesterday Witt took 4-5 unassisted steps. It was really cool. We kept practicing with him going back and forth between us. When he went down for his nap all could think about was having him practice a little more once he got up. I became totally FIXATED on it. Poor little man. Well, I think it came back to bite me on the bottom because he didn't sleep oh so well last night and Paul thinks it's because he had sore muscles. I'm not sure about that, needless to say we didn't practice much with him tonight. This family is much happier when all members are sleeping well!
I love these ornament pj's on him, however feminine. I bought them online after Christmas for @ $5.00 and they barely fit. Here's the deal, it seems I either buy things that are only going to fit him for two weeks because the item is on clearance and it's the only size left. Or, I buy it WAY too big with the rationale that I will roll it up until it/they fit(s) to provide a bit of longevity. Consequently the poor kid is either wearing something way too small or way too big much longer than it actually appropriately fits him. Hopefully the next child we have will have some great "pass alongs" that fit properly!
I love this picture. I found these soft sunglasses that Velcro in the back. He will actually wear them without protestation. They are helpful on walks. Contrary to popular belief the sun does shine here on occasion, so they are practical. When we take walks, Witt typically responds in the manner of a lizard being held upside down; really mellow. It almost appears he is just sleeping with his eyes open. It is really funny, unless he gets too cold. Then he just cries.
Witt's buddy Gavin came over to play today. Gavin is ten months older than Witt and they weigh exactly the same amount. Gavin was so sweet with him. He kept feeding him pieces of his chocolate donut, (may be the reason they weigh the same, no?) and when we went to the playground Gavin waved to Witt the entire time we were pushing him in the swing. I think they will be great buddies one day.
1 comment:
I can't believe how big he is getting!!! It seems like yesterday I was trying to give you a moment in church to enjoy some time to yourself!
I hear you about the waving in the south. It's really cute. When we go to the Food Lion, we're walking around and Spencer says hello to just about everyone. And, she won't quit unless they answer her back. I love that she's so sweet and loves people. I don't make her stop at all.
The clothes are such an issue for us because of how skinny Spencer is. She only fits (in the waist) 18 month pants, but they come up to her calfs! But, 24 month pants fall right off of her little bum! There is no victory in baby clothes! I'm conviced.
Post a Comment