Sunday, March 23, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes: gulla -gulla, zzzz, I don't know, have a kiss!

A brief update on our sweet sweet little man:
March 25th marked his official 10 month birthday.
He is sleeping much better now, usually through the night, but no more than 10 hours.
Last Sunday a parishioner gave him a talking bunny. One of the things the bunny says which I am sure was intended specifically for Witt is, "I'm up and ready to play." Our little man is "non-stop" from the time he is up in the morning (b/ween 5-6 am) until bedtime (@ 8 pm) with one 1-2.5 hr nap in between. He is keeping us on our toes to say the least, slinging plates out of the dishwasher, climbing stairs, and "wrestling" with Scotchie for toys. Dark circles and coffee abound in the Rodgers' household. I recently noticed a picture of Paul and me taken last year and we seriously look five years younger!! It is very funny. Witt jabbers lots and often repetitively utters, "gulla-gulla", which really cracks us up. He knows that bees buzz, or as he says, "zzzzzzzz". He has recently started giving the "I don't know" shoulders shrugged with hands out and palms up gesture followed by blowing kisses. He waves his arms in the air to let us know he is finished eating, loves bubbles, and has started to point to objects and people and say, "zis". He is such a lovie!!

Yes we may be Episcopalians, but we do know that the Easter bunny is dead and Jesus is alive! All that is to say Witt did get a little Easter basket with some goodies. He has the cutest look on his face in the pic. above
He got a froggie pull toy, some bath squirties and a book. We are eating the chocolate, we accept caffeine in all of its various forms. :)

Witt giving his Uncle Brent a "love bump". I love this picture!


Exploring one of the kitchen cabinets. Today he got into our dining room buffet and I intercepted a piece of our china before it met its demise.



First frozen yogurt in a cone from IKEA. He initially loved it and then as you will notice in the proceeding picture becomes very unhappy. Paul and I concluded he gave himself a "brain freeze".

Poor guy. He had this incredible love/hate thing going.

80's throwback" Boogieing in his "Babylegs".


Rollerbutt (I couldn't get this in proper position)

Witt loves to eat frozen blueberries. We need to buy stock in OxiClean because we are always soaking his dirty duds!


Sweet moment looking out the window together. I am so blessed with these two I can't even believe it.

RANDOM I know, but let me explain. I think this is what is aptly called a "mom moment". Gosh, I put everything in " " don't I? Anyway, before I was leaving to run errands one afternoon I quickly and carelessly applied what I thought was chap stick to my very chapped lips making sure to get full coverage. Fortunately Paul sent to to a mirror to inspect and correct the mishap.



Smacking is really annoying when anyone over the age of two is doing it, but it is so darn cute when Witt smacks on food, especially apples. He looks like a little toothless old man here, and I love it.

Chunky legs and Chuck Taylors make a great combo.


Who has silly hair?

Witt sleeps with his favorite blanket and his little lamb. I went in to check on him one evening and both his head and his lamb's were covered with his blanket. It was so sweet. You can click on the image to get a better view.

No comments: