
It's so much fun to be ONE! I took all of his cards and cut out snippets from each one and glued them into the inside cover pages of this book along with his hand print in finger paint. Hopefully he will enjoy this when he is older, a birthday he won't remember but reading through will be reminded of how much he is loved and celebrated by many. As his Uncle Mark said in his card, "One is a big number when it's your first birthday!" I am not sure who the milestone is bigger for, us or him? :) I will choose a book for every birthday to create a keepsake for him.


He "officially" turned 1 at 8:32 a.m.

Paul sat with Witt for a little book time before he was off to preach! Witt is loving books right now. He brings them to us and then plops down on our laps to thumb through the pages. It is so sweet while it lasts (@ 1 minute, so it must be true that one's attention span is directly correlated to one's age).

Birthday pancake with MiMi. Yay, now that I'm one mom and dad are letting me play with fire!(Don't worry his finger is not actually touching the flame as it appears to be).

We took the birthday boy to our local zoo for about an hour.

Most fun mode of transportation, although he looks thoroughly unamused in this shot.

Initially I thought I would pipe this message with icing. Not wanting to pump umpteen dye #'s 2-7 into Witt, I purchased vegetable based food coloring for an obscene price and attempted to dye the already "dishwater gray" organic powdered sugar concoction. It looked like poo, so I quickly bagged that idea and threw on several M & M's littered with dye #'s 2-22, oh well! I am sorry, that was way too much info!!

Witt enjoyed a few bites of his cupcake and threw the rest on the floor. He did love the ice cream.

Party animals!

Guys, don't you know that balloons are the # 1 choke hazard, and all of this string is really a no-no! He had a blast with all of the balloons. We are still filling them for him as he points to the tank requesting a "ba ba ba".

MiMi showing Witt how the "dog in the box" works.

Birthday loot

So excited for his new books!

Enjoying his push cart in the field!
Witt, we praise God daily for the gift of you. We love you so much sweet little buddy and are so happy that you thoroughly enjoyed yourself on your big day. One is a big number!
No comments:
Post a Comment