Friday, May 16, 2008

Acquisition of "big boy hands"

I cherish the days we are able to spend much of our time outdoors. One of the gifts of living out of the South for years has been a new found appreciation of the seasons that I never had as a Southerner. After spending months in "Old man Winter's" frigid grip, Spring and Summer are embraced like two best friends. I love each season for different reasons but am especially thankful to the Lord for the warmer weather and longer days from May -September. The first six pictures in this post were taken on a lovely day in March, one that Witt and I spent outside enjoying the smells, sights, and textures that make one thankful for the simple things in life. On this day I told Paul I felt like Witt acquired "big boy hands", with dirt under his nails to prove it. He explored everything with great curiosity and delight. It was so neat to watch him but also bittersweet because in what seems like the blink of an eye, Witt has traded his baby booties for big boy shoes! He is a much happier little guy now that he is RUNNING around and free to explore the world and for us that is delightful to witness!






He does not discriminate- he eats rocks, sticks, and leaves.

Tree hugger

Partners in crime waiting on the boss to arrive. These two are so cute together, but there are many a day I consider posting "Dog needs a new home" signs around the neighborhood.

Who doesn't love to wear a chocolate covered strawberry on occasion?

Post-nap(py) hair!


Such a precious and sweet boy- can't get enough of him!

No comments: