Monday, December 20, 2010

Snowmen, bananas, and untouchable Jesus

Witt continues to say things like,"Mommy when it snows I want to..." despite having explained to him many times that barring a small miracle we will not be enjoying the gift of snow in the Sunshine state. Since we have no snowmen building fun in our immediate future, I brought home a small consolation for the boys, snowman cupcakes from Publix. Witt licked all of the icing off of his. Nash wasn't interested in his, and because I hate to be wasteful I dutifully ate it with a cup of rewarmed coffee. Not sure which one tasted better. ;)
And because I said I would post pics of the banana soft serve....

So simple! Remove 4-5 pieces of frozen banana from the freezer and

toss them into the food processor and let it do its magic for @ 5 minutes.

Voila!


Add chocolate (or melted peanut butter or better yet both) for a really sweet treat! And if you happen to spill chocolate sauce on the counter, then by all means lick it up!:)



I bought this lovely Nativity last year from http://www.tenthousandvillages.com/. It was made by local artisans in Ecuador out of salt dough. The colors are brilliant and naturally the boys are drawn to them. Because the pieces are fragile I found myself telling the boys , "Careful. Be gentle. You are going to break baby Jesus." Nice! While it is appropriate to want to preserve fragile items from curious hands, we do not want our children to ever view Jesus as "untouchable." The LAST thing we want these boys to be is fearful of "breaking" Jesus, the One who desires for our children to come to Him, the ROCK, the only true terra firma in their precious lives.

So I purchased a Little People's Nativity for them to enjoy, with a Jesus who will not break no matter how far he's thrown, or how many times he's stepped upon. I saw a Veggie Tales Nativity at a local Christian bookstore that played Christmas music. But Jesus as a vegetable? Talk about confusing!! Anyway....


Both boys play are enjoying the Nativity. Nash mostly puts the pieces in his mouth, deposting "Deeda" (Jesus) in various locations in the house,

almost certainly a messy spot. Seems appropriate doesn't it? Jesus isn't afraid of our messes, in fact it is the very reason He came to us, to save us from the messes we make of our lives.

"And the WORD became flesh and dwelt AMONG us, and we have seen His glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14

No comments: