Monkey see monkey do. Peat and repeat. Yes, children readily mimic our words (and actions), often to our hearts' delight and much to our chagrin. Recently Nash dropped something in the car and began uttering several "uh ohs" that melted my heart, just so sweet.
Several weeks ago we made the ridiculous decision to make a quick trip to the mall to remedy Witt's short pants' situation. The mall wasn't the mistake, it was our "sour hour" timing.
As we were traipsing through a large department store, Witt was d.o.n.e.!! I was carrying Nash and a large bag. Witt was begging me to "hold me, hold me, hold me." Paul was several steps ahead and not stopping to pick our whining three year old up at which point Witt stopped between us and shouted "someone freakin' pick me up!"
Needless to say he got our attention while adding a splash of color to our faces. Sour (but really funny) incident. When I relayed this story to my sister she said, "oh that sounds just like you!" Really? Clearly I need to mind my p's and q's, but I'll have to say, like Witt I am often crying out for someone to freakin' pick me up. I am thankful that the one Who does, loves me despite my MANY freakin' shortcomings!
3 comments:
Spencer told me to "shut my pie hole" the other day...
Haha! Cute story--I love knowing I'm not alone!
Thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment