Sunday, February 21, 2010

“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.” C.S.Lewis

I am amazed at the extraordinary ways that God touches my heart through the ordinary. Although life often mimics Groundhog Day, the truth is I wouldn't want it any other way! My heart is overflowing!

2 comments:

Sarah Partain said...

Hi Lauren,
Thanks for the comment you left on our latest post. I'm glad you commented, glad you read our blog and that it encourages you. It's funny how the little things in our lives that we share with others can be used for God's glory--that nothing happens in vain!
I lived in NY as a nanny, about 10 years ago, and can relate to that transition, going from South to North. Being on church staff also makes life interesting!
Thanks too for your words of encouragement as we figure out our family of four. So far, it's not too bad if we're both around! :)
Take care! Sarah Partain

Alex and Emily said...

Great photo! I also love your banner photo--that's new, isn't? So cute how they're holding hands.