Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy 1/2 year!

(all with the flick of a spoon..)

Our sweet and lovely Nash is 1/2 a year old.

He is such a delightful baby, full of smiles (most of the time).

I took him in for his 6 month appointment and he was immediately categorized as "one of the linebackers." He weighed in at 22.4 lbs and is 28 1/4 inches long. If  word on the street is true, and subsequent babes are typically larger than their already quite large sibs, then I am TERRIFIED to have another one! :) I am not looking to have my name or the name of my child(ren) in Guinness' Book.
Back to Nash...

He is not sitting up on his own (which his pedi said that whole 6 mo thing is a myth anyway), but will sit for a few seconds before he tumbles over.

He loves to "blow raspberries" and this also seems to be his  "I am tired  and about to fall asleep cue", which we prefer to the scream. Altough this guy does have some serious pipes.

He does not enjoy having his clothes changed and when one sports the kind of chub he does, most articles of clothing cling to his wrists and so he is not a fan! I do love Zutano brand clothing and not just for the cute factor, mostly because it's easy peasy on and off.

He is a good sleeper. He could certainly improve in the nap department, but I put him down for the night b/ween 6-7 and he sleeps until 7-8 waking 1-2 to feed. That is GREAT with me. I LOVE that he usually wakes up happy unlike someone else in this family.

He loves Witt and observes his every move. He giggles and squeals with Witt's every move and antic. I love watching them together. It's one of the best feelings in the world.

He enjoys eating "solids" although we are limiting him a bit due to allergy concerns. He is obviously thriving so no need for concern. Makes me feel a bit like a rock star.:) Would love to be losing weight as fast as he is gaining. Yea, unfortunately it doesn't quite work that way.

He enjoys the bouncy and exersaucer in brief intervals, but prefers to roll around on the floor or hang with me in the Bjorn. He likes going to music class with Witt. He of course chews on everything that ends up in his hands. He has one bottom tooth that has barely cut through and so is probably on the same slow road to tooth acquisition as his brother.

He and Witt look nothing alike. It is so wild to me. He seems to have a favorite "booba" (blanket) just like Witt though and I think that is so cute. He loves to put his fingers through the holes and cuddle with it, just like Witt.

I love having two boys and I can't for wait for them to be "besties". I still feel like I haven't found a great rhythm, but our life is so upside down right now that I am just thankful to get through each day. I am learning more each day that often the difference in something being a joy or burden is MY attitude. We are grateful for He has done great things!

1 comment:

Alex and Emily said...

Such a cutie! We love Zutano too. I'm impressed he goes to bed so early. I love that down time at night!