Sweet smiley guy!
Couldn't you just eat those chubster cheeks up? I had a few thoughts about the first picture I posted. Recently Witt walked into the kitchen and tossed his blanket ("booba") onto the floor and moved onto something else. I think I must have been washing dishes or cooking at the time and didn't notice. Until he said "hey mom I see the moon". He is such an imaginative child but I could not believe that he was "seeing" the moon in his booba. Just very abstract, in my opinion for a two year old. I thought it a great photo opportunity. It will be fun to look back on and remember the incident if he perhaps becomes the next Mondrian or Picasso. Without all of the drama of course.:)
On a serious note, his blanket was a recent tool of conviction for me. How you ask? He loves that blanket. It was always my favorite, a beautiful handmade item we received as a shower gift. An item that was resting in his nursery while he was still doing gymnastics in my belly. It's been part of his life from day one. Secretly I think I always wanted it to be his "favorite" too. And it is. We would be in deep poop if it ever went missing. Sleepless nights. Who am I kidding? We are already knee deep in those. I digress. Big tears and meltdowns. For him, to not have his "booba" would be devastating, he'd be 'lost' without it.
As I began reflecting on how much he loves his blanket I was struck by how quickly children learn to love (or not) the 'things' we put before them. Surely we are ALWAYS teaching them for good or ill, and I just had one of those moments where I had to ask myself, will he one day grow to know and love Jesus with the same kind of 'I'm lost without you' passion that he now as a 2 1/2 year old has for his booba? I pray he will, and as his parents we would always be intentional about sharing our love for our Heavenly Father with him and Nash and any others to follow, that their names too would be written in the Lambs Book of Life.
As I began reflecting on how much he loves his blanket I was struck by how quickly children learn to love (or not) the 'things' we put before them. Surely we are ALWAYS teaching them for good or ill, and I just had one of those moments where I had to ask myself, will he one day grow to know and love Jesus with the same kind of 'I'm lost without you' passion that he now as a 2 1/2 year old has for his booba? I pray he will, and as his parents we would always be intentional about sharing our love for our Heavenly Father with him and Nash and any others to follow, that their names too would be written in the Lambs Book of Life.
1 comment:
I've got to get a copy of that smiley picture of Nash! SO sweet. I also love and want the one with them both. I think Nash looks like you La! Two unbelievably precious and handsome boys!
Post a Comment