I am usually horrible about remembering specific dates, but I clearly remember the two pink lines that appeared on the "pee stick" one year ago today. Such excitement and anticipation about the sweet little life growing in my womb, the precious little guy we would meet in just nine short months. The one like his brother who would immediately steal our hearts and fill them with such big love and joy. I think there is such sweetness in remembering this time too because it falls in this season of Advent as we wait with great excitement and anticipation to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus, the One we've given our hearts to, who has forgiven us and made us new. The One who would take on two wooden "lines" in the form of a cross to "pay a debt He didn't owe, because we owed a debt we couldn't pay."
Today I am feeling particularly grateful for the gifts of life, temporal and eternal!
No comments:
Post a Comment