Monday, October 26, 2009

Very random

It has been far too long since the last update, seven weeks to be exact.
Much has happened although days ruuuuuun together and so I can't remember much of it in detail.
I bought two notebooks for the boys months ago to jot down cute Witt"isms" and milestones for both and they lay untouched. Great intentions, poor follow-through!
Tomorrow is a new day, and I hold onto the notion that it is better to live life than being consumed with recording it ! Right?
Some highlights: A trip to SC for my sister's wedding. It was lovely and we had such a wonderful time celebrating with Meg and Jimmy, family, and friends. I can't wait to see pictures.
We always enjoy time with the boys. I can't wait for them to be buddies. Watching them learn and grow is a gift I will always treasure.These are the golden years for sure.
Witt is into a "Where'd you get that mommy?" phase and it is cracking me up. He constantly asks this question with just about everything in our lives including body parts. Today he asked where I got my teeth and legs from. Very funny to experience.
Witt was invited to a b'day party for a sweet friend and neighbor recently. She is 3 yrs older and he ADORES her. He spent much time calling her name and chasing her to no avail. She was so sweet to him but busy hanging out with all of the other big kids-5 year olds. Finally he ran to me and burst into tears. Oh, it broke my heart. He is so sweet and precious.
NAME CHANGE or should I say addition: Long story short, naming our sweet # 2 was so difficult for me. We are adding a name to Henry August's, so he will be
Henry August Nash Rodgers
Whoa, that seems crazy right? Well, I don't care!:)
I love it!
He will be called Nash, and when he's older he has Henry and August as options too.
I love Witt and Nash together.
Our boys are big. Witt looks like he's about four and Nash weighed in at 16.3 lbs at his 2 month check-up. He is a ball of yummy chubbiness. He is busting out of the seams of his 9 month outfits. He is cooing and giggled a little bit yesterday. He seems to be pretty laid back. His reflux is much better with Prevacid. He is not an impressive sleeper but doing well at this point. Sound familiar?We got a thumbs up from Witt's ped. to try melatonin with him. The poor boy's mind never stops churning. Consequently he was taking 1-2 hrs every night to fall asleep. Night 1, enter melatonin and he was asleep in 8 minutes, thank you Jesus!!
We have lots of unknowns in our life right now regarding what we will be doing next year, so we have felt particularly exhausted (hence the wacky stream of consciousness flow of this post) recently. Please join us in praying for clarity,direction and peace for whatever the Lord has for us!

Would love to be here right now!Great daily reminder to "be still and know that He is God"... and that I am not!!

A beautiful sight for me


2 months old! Check out those rolls.



Witt at the b'day party. He wore the cowboy hat but would not ride the horse or pony.


I am honored to be the mother of these boys, what a joy to be a part of God's design for creating life-AMAZING!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lauren - congrats on baby Nash! (waaaaaay overdue on that, sorry!) Your boys certainly are handsome and I know how you feel when you say you're blessed to be the mother of them. I thank God everyday that he decided to entrust two of his precious children to me! What a beautiful thing it is!

Sayward said...

we're praying for you and love the name addition! keep us posted!

Hines Family said...

I love "Nash"! Your boys have to have a brother band at some time in the future. What cooler name could there be: "Ladies and Gentlemen...'Witt&Nash'!"

And the crowd goes wild....