Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Welcome Henry

Last night at 7:52 Henry entered the world, 9 lbs 10oz and 21 inches long.

Praise God.

Lauren's water broke the night before at 9:30 and contractions started shortly thereafter. We went to the hospital at 2:30 AM and Lauren was in a tub by 5:30... She was so relaxed that the contractions stopped... The boy had to be birthed within 24 hours of her water breaking so at 5:30 PM (after waiting to see if labor started again) her midwife gave her pitocin. Contractions started before too long and by 6:20 she was finally up to 2 cm dialated... amazingly it was all superspeed from there... going from 2 cm to birth in 1 1/2 hours... wow... Lauren was awesome, I couldn't be more proud.

Everyone is great. Witt and I just got back from his first visit where he 'held' Henry and gave him lots of kisses... off to a great start... did want to share his lunch with him too but ham and cheese was a bit much for your first full day out of the womb... you think?

Here are a couple pictures and I'll let Lauren tell you more later (she is much beter than I...)






2 comments:

Sayward said...

So, Wit has a twin 2 years later?

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Welcome to the world, Henry!!!! Can't wait to hear more and see more pics!