Friday, July 31, 2009

Come on baby!!

The text for this post proceeds all of the pictures. I have no idea why this happened, but I suppose the most likely reason is that I have no idea how to maneuver most computer programs. :We bought these frames at Ikea and I filled them with 1st (yes 1 year behind) b'day pics and some pieces of Witt's artwork to hang in his new room.

Pics hanging above the mantle.


The firetruck above the bed is a huge Melissa and Doug puzzle that Witt and Paul assembled. The helmet is a vintage one that Witt's granddad (Lauren's dad) gave him for his 2nd b'day. Very cool!




Little man's "bed".


I have no idea why this pic looks this way but I had to share this unbelievable deal. I LOVE this persian rug we recently purchased for $45.00-NO JOKE-WHAT?? Initially we thought we'd use it in Witt's room, but found another great deal on an Ikea rug for his room.


Witt may not eat much despite weighing in at a whopping 36 lbs, but his firemen certainly never miss a meal, NEVER!

Ouma, Witt, and lots of H2o= tons of giggles and fun!


Sweet potato

EX-CA-VATOR!!
Dad, you're the best!!

I adore moments like these-so precious.


We spend tons of time in the sandbox


and in the "pools" Sanford and Son style. Who needs fancypants country clubs,
especially in this economy?!?:)

Old school push-ups are a must. Target sells them and they are so yummy and take me straight back to my childhood, polka dots and all.


Often we eat lunch in the pool. Witt would spend every waking hour outside if we let him.


Such a sweet sympathetic little guy-feeling his mommy's "pain".

Holy 10 lb turkey Batman!
"COME ON BABY!!"

I am saying that now, but one week ago I went into total panic mode when I started having intense contractions all evening Saturday. They lasted @ 36 hours and after a midwife apt. on Monday were deemed "unproductive". What they did do was send us into "productive" mode. I feel like I can breathe now that my mom is here with us. I went into total panic/crazy lady mode. Poor Paul is all I can say. He could not have done anything right on Saturday night even if his name was Jesus. I assured him I got all of the crazies (well most of them) out of my system. Our bags are still not packed, but we have begun washing baby clothes and Witt's "big boy" room is complete. We've decided the new little man is going to spend his several weeks sleeping in a great vintage pram we bought last year. The pack-n-play is just too cumbersome to deal with in our tiny bedroom. I hit Trader Joe's up with a friend today as if I will never be able to grocery shop again. They called the house before I made it back requesting that we return their supply of white bean basil hummus and Trader Joe Joe's. :) Stocking up is a good thing right? We are still undecided on a name, but feel like we'll know when we see him. If not I guess Bubba is always an option, or we could go with Witt's recommendation of "Baby dump truck". Please pray for us in this homestretch. I am committed to going the "natural" route but feeling anxious because I am acutely aware of the incredible pain that I am going to be in and it is causing my stomach to flip as I write this!

3 comments:

Sayward said...

We're praying for these final few weeks and that you carry to term. Spencer was 20 days early and perfectly healthy! xoxo

Megan said...

I have such an amazing sister! I love you and pray for y'all every day. I can't wait to meet my new little man!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Hang in there! Oh how I remember those last few days are sooooo tough! I just know "Baby Dump Truck" will be here soon. :) Will look forward to updates on your blog!