Yesterday I reached the fourteen week mark. Counting in weeks makes the time FLY by! Just tewnty-six more weeks to go. I had an appointment last Wednesday that lasted about five minutes. We got to hear our little one's heartbeat which the Dr. estimated @ 160 beats per minutes. We also heard him/her kick which was really cool.
We have made the decision to switch providers. My doctor has been great but if I stayed with this practice I would be delivering at a teaching hospital. The word that we have gotten is that it is great for high risk pregnancies but not so much for the rest of us for a variety of reasons. Plus, the commute to Providence is kind of nuts so we have our first appointment with the new practice located in Wareham, MA (heading towards the Cape) on December 1.
I will be delivering at Tobey Hospital in Wareham. I will be seeing a CNM (Certified Nurse Midwife) who comes very highly recommended. I went to a dinner last week and three of the women there have delivered a total of seven babies with Louise and they all love her and had great experiences. During the first call I made to the office I was told that Louise does not give epidurals. Oh well, what do I know with this being my first baby. Ignorance is bliss, right? She does offer pain meds, just no epidurals. I think I will have Paul start to inflict pain by holding ice cubes on my wrists, so that I can start practicing my breathing. You know, a little warm-up before the big day. :) Ha ha!
We are so excited for this baby, a real gift from the Lord. We are thankful to all of you (if there is anyone reading this blog) for your prayers. We will continue to keep you all updated. We did get the go ahead from one of the Drs in my former practice to go on the Israel trip. Her only concern (political issues aside) were the four (roundtrip) six-seven hour flights during flu season, and just being sedentary on a plane. So I will have to embarrass Paul by wearing a SARS mask and I will just have to frequently roam the aisles.
Paul is doing really well. Everyone at St. Pete's loves him. He is delighting in his call here. He is a great Pastor, awesome teacher and preacher, and will be the best dad ever! It is an honor and privilege to be his wife.
We are having our Thanksgiving day service tomorrow night. That is the way it has been done here for years because when it was held on T'giving day no one showed up. We will have a relaxing day together here on Thursday, and then head to CT on Saturday for lunch and Christmas tree cutting with friends. Happy Thanksgiving to all, and remember to "give thanks to the Lord always, for He is good. His steadfast love endures forever!"
Our love to all,
Lauren
Jane 23
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment