Saturday, October 02, 2010

Hot cross pumpkin bun.... confusion!

Due to poor planning we ended up doing dinner at Target tonight (yuck). We ordered pizza, hot dogs and smoothies. As the teenage boy who was serving us poured the smoothies he looked at me and said, "It's going to be a few minutes, I need to warm your buns first." I told him not to bother that my buns had been warm since we moved to FL. Okay, I didn't really say that, but I wanted to. That poor kid was really embarrassed. I just smiled as I waited for my buns to be warmed. As we walked through the store, Witt, looking at all of the Halloween decorations, picked up a plug-in pumpkin and excitedly exclaimed " Hey mom its Christmas!" Seriously!?! Are we doing that poor a job that our three year old is that confused? Statement on commercialization of holidays in general? Something about being in Target that feels like Christmas for Witt? A couple of months ago I mentioned Christmas to Witt and he said, "yeah mom that's when I got my ride on backhoe and Ouma gave us chicken baskets and we got candy and books (about Jesus) in them." CLEARLY we have as Ricky often told Lucy "some splaining to do!!!" Lastly, has anyone read Martha Whitmore Hickman's And God Created Squash? If so, please share your feedback?
Ciao for now!

No comments: