Wednesday, April 08, 2009

"Reunited and it feels so good!"

Recently I made the mistake of throwing Witt's beloved blanket into the wash amidst playing and other chores. At some point he became upset and began searching for his #1 source of comfort, his blanket. Big mistake on my part. I showed him his blanket swirling in the suds, attempting to explain that the wash had to cycle through, and a full on tantrum ensued for the next 1/2 hour. Sometimes I treat Witt more like a 12 year old than an almost two year old. By the time the wash cycle ended, I was so frustrated and threw it to him thinking he wouldn't want any part of a wet blanket. Second mistake. I had to pry it from his hands so that I could toss it in the dryer. Part two of tantrum began. Finally, reunification occured and the picture above represents one happy little man.
LESSON LEARNED!

3 comments:

Sayward said...

oh yes. i learned that the hard way, as well!

Sayward said...

Hey there!

Yes, Allison (Murphy) and I are going to stay with Lair Jones (Philip Jones daughter). So, we'll most likely be at St.Andrew's for church on Sunday. I'm excited to go there. I've never been!

Definately call me. I should be around that whole time. I have my high school program Monday night, and middel school program Thursday night, but Tuesday and Wednesday I'll be around. Jono will be here too, but we're all leaving at 4:30am Friday morning to drive back to Pittsburgh, so hopefully Paul will get back to see Jono and hang out wtih him before we all leave! We get back to Pawleys on Tuesday afternoon (the 12th).

My cell is 843-543-2481.

Can't wait!

Unknown said...

Oh goodness.... I sure do know what it's like to have a child obsessed with a comfort blanket. Thankfully, we ended up getting two identical pink blankets as gifts when AF was born. We almost returned one but decided it might be smart to keep two. It has worked out well for instances like you just described. :) She doesn't know the difference between the two.

He is a super cutie! Hope you are feeling well! I see your counter says 25 weeks along...you are more than half way there!