
On Ash Wednesday I took Witt to our evening service where he lasted as long as any almost two year old would, about three seconds. So a sweet friend played with Witt in the nursery so I could listen to the sermon, a great gift since I run the kids' program on Sunday mornings. I brought Witt in for the imposition of ashes. As we turned from the altar he noticed all of the crosses on everyone's forehead and began to exclaim "Jesus" over and over. We exited into the adjoining room to color for the remainder of the service. At one point I asked Witt what daddy did to our foreheads and he replied, "Dada cu-la Je-suus." Translation: " Daddy colored Jesus." So sweet. Anytime we color with him, he always makes a Jesus request, and we almost always end up with marker on our foreheads. So sweet!! I pray everyone's Lent is being colored with Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment