I'm feeling very slack right now since we are fully into Fall here in New England and I've yet to take our little man to experience true fun Fall activities like a pumpkin patch or apple orchard. Of course I'm only kidding. We do not live in close proximity to either one so for now we have been covering our store bought pumpkins with stickers and dunking our store bought apples (from a local orchard at least) in delicious Whole Foods caramel! This is a great time of year to live up here. It makes me want to drink cider and dark hot chocolate, make leaf prints, and cook one pot stews and soups.
Monday is Paul's day off so usually we venture to the our local zoo to hear a fun children's band play. But today Witt and I were invited to play with some friends. Seven boys (two sets of twins) almost 4 and under. They all 'played' really well together. We enjoyed a yummy lunch, p.b. and j for the boys and yummy quiche for the moms with poached asparagus and cantaloupe for everyone. Witt sat in a chair at the table for the first time, and ate really well for the first time too. At this age I think it must have been positive peer pressure from his fellow toddlers-pretty cute. Speaking of Fall, I made a Pumpkin Gingerbread trifle that is super easy with a great presentation, but most importantly really delicious. It's a Paula Deen recipe, one of the few that doesn't call for 2 sticks of butter. Let me know if you would like it (Sayward and Mom you may be the only 2 who read this with any regularity)and I'll e-mail it to you.
No pics from today, but a few recent ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment