Witt had his fifteen month check up (late) recently.
Of jolly green giant proportions and made of pure sugar he weighed in at 28.5 lbs and is 35.5 inches tall!
Pretty boy! Nine times out of ten he is mistaken for a girl, but a haircut is not in his near future.
He loves music and continues to enjoy his weekly class where he freely hugs AND sits on, pushes, tackles other kids.
He torments and loves Scotch with great passion.
Witt has many words.
Enjoy some of the following as much as we do:
"Pup" (poop)
"I pup". He says this whenever he poops, pees, sees a diaper, or observes the dog doing either.
"bapa" (backpack)
"umbaba" (umbrella)
"anana" (banana)
"peeba" (peanut butter)
"a baa" (a ball)
"a bir" (a bird)
"Oh geeze"
"shuz" (shoes)
"bubba" (bubbles)
"zoo zoo" (cars go "zoom zoom")
"geeshush" (Jesus)
"amem" (amen)
"juice"
"baba" (bottle and blanket)
"boop" (book)
"pu-da" (play-doh)
"dut" (dirt). He says this in a very British way, like "Please come over and we'll sip tea in the "dut".
A true Southerner at heart, he continues to wave at all the grumpy, I mean 'ruggedly individualistic' Northerners we encounter.
He loves to laugh and keeps us laughing too!
"Dutty" thoughts: Today (10/10: in true form I'm just finishing this post 1 week late) we met up with some CT friends for some zoo fun in Providence, RI with their darling twin 2 yr. old boys. All three of the boys had a blast! We left at 2:00 hoping they would all crash in the car. Since Witt does not transfer from car seat to crib, and because we were already in Providence, I had the brilliant idea for Paul to drop me at Whole Foods for a shop and hole in our wallet while he drove around with Witt peacefully sleeping.
W.F. has a glorious bakery and I could not pass up one of their deliciously large cupcakes that so perfectly compliments a cappuccino. Paul and I immediately partook of the lovely confection before the car even moved from park to drive. Two bites in, Witt apparently not wanting to miss out on such a sweet opportunity, suddenly awoke and began requesting the "dut" that we were enjoying. It has become apparent to me that this is one of those stories that could really only be appreciated in the moment, but as we drove East on 195 the requests continued. And I thought, "how confusing must this be that we not only play in the "dut" but we eat it too and dunk it into our coffee."
Perhaps expecting the sweet experience the "dut" of yesterday provided, Witt will no doubt be sorely disappointed tomorrow when he partakes in the plain old "dut" our backyard has to offer. This thought reminded me of something I mentioned to Paul a few weeks ago about expectations.
I believe most of us live our lives with the expectation that despite what's going on now, whatever "dirt" we're living in, that life is going to be different, less dirty in the future. Maybe that's what makes our difficult days seem "manageable". This is neither a healthy nor Godly expectation to have. Life could get much "dirtier" tomorrow than it is today. Then what?? Lyrics from a Dave Crowder Band song resonate in my mind, "You make everything glorious, You make EVERYTHING glorious, and I am Yours." Be encouraged that whatever temporary dirt you find yourself in today, Jesus would love to have you join him for tea in his glorious "dut". And there is no better place to be than with the One who loves us with a love that is everlasting, the One who understands the dirt we are in, and who promises not to leave us there... well not forever anyway!
1 comment:
What a cutie, thanks for visiting and and the sweet comment! I love hte british accent, a cup of tea and some "dut", ha! Hubby says our BabyBoy has some British words too!
Post a Comment