Sunday, October 14, 2007

LOTS of Recent Pictures...

Playing with my dad

He loves to push the beads as much as he is able to do so, but mostly pull this to his mouth and chew a while.


A little stretching out before his daily run.


Some ketchup would be great on these!



Can't you see this thing is a major impediment to my rolling practice?





Good grief (isn't that an oxymoron?)!



Our foot this evening is a 2007, size 2 1/2 and simply divine.




I got this shot pre-bath. And, yes he did cover the crib in pee, hence the shiny bottom.
























He loves spending time in his crib, enjoying the interesting mobile.









Thank you Herlongs for my Chuck Taylors. I look like such a big boy in them.





While Witt definitely likes to snuggle, he is now in the I want to get down mode eventhough I don't know what to do once I'm there. I would not be surprised if he's walking in a few months, so my rationale is why diet now when I'll be chasing him for hours. Have I mentioned that he doesn't sleep (much) during the day? BIG joke on me!!!! Except I'd rather cry than laugh about it.




Yum, yum eat em up!





He is fascinated with the water. I love watching him watch and touch it in awe. It is truly amazing to witness this new little person discovering the world, such a sweet gift.







No question why our car did not pass inspection, the piece of SAAB!







I think I like rice cereal!?!?





Debra Rienstra, a professor of English at Calvin College wrote an incredibly thoughtful and lovely book called Great with Child. In it, she gives a benediction to her third child. Living in the sleep deprived state that I am in, unable to aptly articulte what I what like to say,I thought I would "borrow" from her the following "send off" into life in this world for our sweet Witt:
"Little (Witt)Man, you are launched. You are mine and not mine, you are a new thing. Glide with me a while still, and I will love you. My treasure, my abundance, I put all the books away now. You must tell me what comes next. Let your story overtake my words, let it fly, let it sing.
For you is the mystery waiting, for you it was hidden for ages in God who created all things. Be rooted and grounded in love. Comprehend the breadth and length and height and depth. Know those things that surpass all knowledge. Be filled to the measure, my little one, with the fullness of God."





"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." John 10:27
It is amazing to me how tuned in Witt is to Paul's voice. He knows his daddy's voice, and is comforted when he hears him and knows he is near. On Sunday mornings, when we join the rest of the congregation after the children's program, and Paul is speaking Witt strains his neck to find his dad. It is really precious and a great example of how we should ALL not only be listening to our heavenly Father, but responding to him whenever and however he calls.













He is such a sweetheart, as Paul says, 'a real heartbreaker'.









Check out the drool on his shirt. We are expecting his teeth to cut through at any time.




He doesn't like the pacifier much except to chew on it.




God has blessed me with THE sweetest boys.



Paul and Scotch on the "beach" at Fort Tabor.



Neat picture, but the double masted sailboat looks like Johnny Depp may be along for a ride, kinda creepy.




It was a gorgeous day to be out for a walk. Witt loves to be outside which is a really great thing.



Playtime with MiMi, aka Meemers. Thanks for coming to see us again mom. It was really great having you here. We love spending time with you!

Excuse mommy, but this is no laughing matter.




Witt looks just like Paul spit him out. Not that I am surprised that he looks like his father, but the resemblence and the affectations are uncanny! I asked Paul recently if we should call him LP or Pj?




Bathtime with MiMi




Bottoms up!






Daiper duty. Now it is more of an art form with Witt constantly on the move.




Sweet sleeper



































































No comments: