Our littliest heart melter turned seven months old yesterday. He as ofiicially joined ranks with his brother as a "dumper". They both shower us with , no dump bucketfuls of joy upon us on a daily basis. We may not get much sleep between the two of them, but we sure do smile a bunch!
Speaking of sleep, I had an "aha" moment yesterday. I had to make a BJ's (Costco's cousin) run for some essentials. I don't know about you, but I have a habit of being a bit of a cart peeker. I like to check out what other people are shopping for. The woman ahead of me in the check-out was purchasing amongst other items, peppers and the thought running through my head was, "No, don't buy non-organic peppers. Don't you know they rank high on the Dirty Dozen list and could potentially cause great harm?" and so on. Weird I know, but true. I digress.
Something else I noticed yesterday were several senior citizens, 90% of whom had coffee in their carts for purchase. And if you are a BJ's or Costco shopper then you know that everything comes in bulk, everything. I made the mistake once of attemtping to purchase one mango. Doesn't work that way. All of these lovely seniors were buying 120 packs of "K cups". And then it occured to me. It will never end. I will never stop brewing, never stop drinking coffee out of necessity. I will never again sleep the way I did before we had kids, nor will I EVER for one reason or another.
Don't get me wrong, I love drinking coffee. I like it strong and black and it is something I look forward to every morning (and afternoon, and sometimes into the evening). It's just that I really love sleep. I adore it way more than coffee. I've missed it over the past few years. Looks like I'll be missing it many more.;)
Speaking of brewing. God's been brewing up some really great options for the Rodgers' family the past few days. It's amazing how the circumstances of life can change in a matter of hours. I'll share more soon.
Have a lovely weekend. We'll be spending ours outside...with coffee!
2 comments:
I'm definitely a cart peeper! I want to know what other people are buying b/c I need ideas! Very funny. So glad you guys have some action on the job front. Can't wait to hear more.
OK. You've written "I'll share more soon" more than once...SO excited to hear about your future!!!! We've been praying a ton for y'all!
Post a Comment