Witt will be 18 months old next week. It's amazing to reflect on this time in our lives last year and how different life is with an 18 month old versus 6 month old. Just as exhausted? Probably, but we are having so much fun!! Witt's vocabulary continues to expand, and last week he began to say 'apple juice' very clearly. And so my quest to capture this on video began. As soon as I am able to get it out of him with the camera 'rolling', I will post it. The 'apple juice' declaration provided us with a 'duh' moment, that one day soon he will be having actual conversations with us, hopefully "uuuh uuuuh uuuuh's" omitted. What an awesome thought. Anyway, the delivery of 'apple juice' is often a process beginning with bapple, dapple, lapple.... almost there...apple juice-HOORAY! He loves making the 'le' sound and now it precedes many other words and so Witt is starting to sound very posh, so French. When I ask Witt if he has pooped, he often responds by saying, 'le poop'. Who knew poop could sound so fancy! Ball is 'le ball' etc. It is very cute. Now, I am starting to do the same thing, you know like where are my le keys? Witt loves being outdoors. It is definitely dark here by 4:45 so we try to get out in the early afternoon, before his nap otherwise we're stuck inside. He continues to enjoy his little gym class and loves his music class. We have had friends over recently for lunch and to play so Witt is learning what it means to share. He is doing a great job. He is also really testing boundaries and so we have started time-out which does not seem to be working very well. Whenever I mention it, he usually walks into the living room and plops down in the chair with a big smile on his face. Isn't it amazing how we do not have to teach our kids to be naughty. It amazes me that anyone can question original sin!
Yes, the days are long (sometimes really long :)), but the years are short. Jesus came to bring abundant life, so we are trying to live it up (for Him) everyday!
Recently I threw two new kitchen tools into a bowl to be washed. Later that evening I noticed they were lying perfectly in this position, and it made me laugh. This image reminded me of a quote I recently read: "Coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous."
I love this picture for a number of reasons not the least of which is that Witt pulled his chair up to the couch to sit next to Paul with his snack-precious!
1 comment:
Too cute! Spencer will ask to sit in our backpack. She has her juice, lamby (blanky), and a friend and she'll just sit in it and watch some TV.
Post a Comment