You may know that Cheerios contain soluble fiber that can help soak up some cholesterol which is good because too much cholesterol can build up in your arteries and put you at risk for heart disease. So, Cheeries are considered a "heart healthy" food. But, did you know that Cheerios are also good for the soul (for this mom's soul anyway)? Cheeries (in our case Stop and Shop brand organic oat cereal) have become a staple in Witt's diet and a helpful tool in perfecting his pincer grasp. He LOVES them! So, of course we love them too! In times of fuss, whether at home, the car, or store; out of our fuss-fighting arsenal our first line of defense is often the Cheerio(s). Hopefully we aren't setting him up to be an emotionally driven eater...
Anyway, we also spend lots of time sweeping the adored round oats of goodness off the floor not to mention crunching them under foot, cleaning them out of the lint trap in the dryer, and the list goes on. Sometimes our world seems to be one big Cheerio.
Late one evening last week as I was cleaning out my jean pockets before going to bed, (I am notorious for not doing so and then everyone ends up wearing tiny pieces of tissue on various articles of clothing) I pulled out a couple of used Kleenex and a few dried up, yes you guessed it, Cheerios! I don't know the last time I wore a smile so big!!
Those few tiny pieces of cereal were a wonderful reminder to me of "where" God has us right now, and that we are exactly "where" we are supposed to be. While it is easy to lose sight of the BIG picture when Groundhog Day feels more like your life and not a movie, God so often speaks to us in what is familar (even Cheerios) to gently remind us that in ALL that we do we are to did it for His glory ( 1 Cor 10:31).
I am amazed that the Lord has entrusted us with Witt, his precious son to care for and love, but most importantly to raise him to know and love the One who gave everything so that he may have abundant life FOREVER. Witt will be 1 years old this May and I cannot believe how quickly the time has passed. I know that parenting will soon be much more than just meeting basic needs, much more than Cheerios. But right now, Cheerios are really good!
I Do Now
1 week ago
1 comment:
I absolutly love this post!!! Every mom should read this and keep it in mind on the hard days. It is a crazy job sometimes (I had a cheerio in my hair once)...but what a blessing to be able to raise a child to love the Lord. I will always think of this when I see Cheerios! They now have a new meaning!!!
Post a Comment